Sunday, May 15, 2011

Composition Class Reflection

Composition did not seem like a very appealing class when I first signed up for it just because writing is not one of my strong suits academically.  But once the semester got started I figured it was just going to take more drafts even for the small weekly writes, and more visits to the writing center than I would have liked.

As far as the atmosphere of the class went I think it was very successfully set up and very helpful to me as a writer.  Blogging was a great way to work on writing because it became very accessible to work on save and comeback to, as well as turn in more simply when I was sick.  The Blogs were also cool because it allowed you to respond to our writing over the internet rather than on little pieces of paper we end up recycling or losing.  Having the option to look back on comments from past writings was really helpful on the bigger assignments to know what I needed to work on the most.  The speech was also a nice way to make us work on our writing skills in another way, as well as researching skills.

One thing that I think could have been improved about the class however was the strictness regarding the readings.  I feel like at least three or four times throughout the semester you had to change your class plan because everybody except like two of us didn’t read the assigned readings.  How to make them more strictly assigned I don’t know.

I would argue that I should get a solid A in this class, not only because I handed in every assignment on time and done well.  But also, because I put the time and effort in to come to class whenever I wasn't sick, and always had the readings done and the blogs listened to when I arrived (except for once).  However, the fact that I also got solid A's on all of the significant assignments in the class that I've seen my grade on is also a helpful.

Composition was clearly a valuable class for me to take.  Not only were the videos we watched, readings we read, and pod cast we listened to interesting.  But responding to or analyzing them will be helpful for people in almost any major as they continue both through college and into the real world.  As for the final exam band its Super Smash time!

No comments:

Post a Comment